Sunday, June 3, 2012

Introduction

I would readily say that most people in the state of New Jersey never heard of the town of River Vale. Of those that have heard of it, very few even know where it is. Of those who have heard of River Vale and even know where it is, there are only a handful of people who knew this quiet little town as do those of us who grew up there during the 20s, 30s, and 40s, before the town's population "took off" after World War II. Included in these three decades are what we refer to as "The Depression Years". This is the era that I will endeavor to cover in my recollections of River Vale.

I will attempt to break down this writing into two sections. One being "places" and the other being "people". I might add some personal observations, also.


No comments:

Post a Comment